Monday, August 1, 2011

Our Kindergarten Graduate

I know, I know. Where have I been all summer? I have to tell you that I LONG to be sitting at my computer blogging about all the amazing things going on, how our kids are changing, milestones reached, fun things happening, funny things said, great stories and life applications to them, great videos we've been taking, and much more- I just don't know how to fit it all in! I so don't have it all together, let me tell you. And not only that, but if I'm sitting at my computer when the kids are awake, who is watching them? Who is interacting with them, who is helping them work through things? Not to say I never do things while they're up, but this is one thing I would like to do and not be interrupted and I find that the more I try and do something "I" want to do while they're up, the more frustrated and annoyed I get with them when they need me for things. Imagine that, my kids need their mommy. But there are so many times when I wish I could just hole up in this room, not be interrupted, and catch up on all the blogs I want to post and catch up on the happenings in the Shepherd household. OH well. Such is life. And really, I'm thankful that I get to stay home as a mommy to my kids. It truly is a privelage, and I'm honored.

That being said, the kids are down for either naptime (the 2 younger ones), or rest time with books (the 2 older ones). I have a few minutes where Jett's not coming out of his room asking why he doesn't get to be with the older kids reading, or Teda and Dane aren't asking for something and I have to remind them that this is rest time for them and ME. Mommy needs a break!

So here's the post I've been wanting to do seriously (how embarrassing) since the end of May. Teda's kindergarten graduation! But hey, at least I'm doing it before she starts 1st grade, next week, right?! I know, sorry for all the run on sentences. I just have so much to say!!!

It was an awesome time- she just looked adorable up there with her graduation hat on, and she had on her very favorite pink dress. I'm sure we will think the same things at her 8th grade graduation, high school, and even college- Where did the time go? How is our baby graduating already? This goes so fast! She's so beautiful, smart, kind, sweet, caring, and just amazing...  she's beautiful inside and out.

She had a fantastic kindergarten year. I can't say enough wonderful things about her amazing teacher, Mrs. Baker. We love her!!! Teda thrived all year in her class, and is excelling in school. I believe in huge part to her teacher. She loves Teda like she were her own, and it shows. What a great way to start the school experience! We're grateful that it was such an awesome year, and can't wait for 1st grade. Wow! Way to go, Teda- we love you and are SOOO proud of you, sweet girl!!!
On our way to kindergarten graduation!!!!

Here she is walking across the stage to get her diploma

Singing a song- they all have sunglasses on for it. Cute :)

A very proud mommy and daddy!

We're holding up "1" because she's going into 1st grade- yikes!

Teda with proud grandma and papa.

Teda with her wonderful teacher Mrs Baker

Teda with two of her buddies from her class- Can't wait to see what they all look like just a few years from now. Too cute!


There aren't words... just gorgeous




He'll be graduating before we know it too!


Teda with her great great and great grandpa. Thanks for coming to cheer our Teda on as she got her diploma!



No comments: