1. I love chai tea- it's my new "thing", and I drink it way too fast. It's just so good, it's hard for me to savor it. I'm actually like that with all sweet drinks, which is why it's good that I'm not all that into alcohol. Because when I do have something to drink, it's a sweet type drink, and it's so yummy that I end up downing it. So it's good that I limit those. :)
2. I used to sleep in a lot. Now I really don't get to, but I do enjoy it.
3. I get really bad dreams when I see anything even remotely "scary"... especially at night. So even the commercials for movies- with anything suspensful, or even if the announcer guy has a scary sounding voice, I literally have to close my eyes and plug my ears to keep the images from my mind. And Zach has to tell me when it's over. Wierd, I know.
4. At night, if I'm going down the hall, and no one is behind me and it's dark, I think in my head that a bad guy is behind me and I run as fast as I can to my destination. Even if it's 10 feet. Again, wierd, I know.
5. I love to just roam the aisles at Target. Or better yet, the Green Tree Dollar Store.
6. My favorite restaraunt is the Melting Pot.
7. Zach and I got engaged at the top of Space Mountain at Disneyland. Funny story...
8. I felt in my heart the minute I met Zach that he could very possibly be the man I was going to marry.
9. I'm doing the job that I always dreamed of. Sometimes it's not as magical as I pictured it, but it still is the job I always wanted, and wouldn't trade for the world. (being a mommy and a wife)
10. I had blonde hair until about 6 years ago. I don't think I'll ever go back because I really like having brown hair.
11. I grew up playing softball since I was little, and I have a real passion for the game. It's one of my favorite things to do.
12. I LOVE going to professional baseball games. It's one of the neatest feelings to me- and the experience as a whole is just awesome. The smells, the sights, the people, the noises. It's so relaxing to me.
13. I also love falling asleep with a baseball game on tv. I think this is because growing up, I remember my grandpa having them on a lot, and when I was over there, I just felt peace and love. And he often naps with games on. So now I love it too!
14. When I was little, my dad, sister Julie, and I were in a musical at church- Psalty Kids Praise. I played Harmony, a big yellow book. I even had my face pained yellow, big fake eyelashes, and a side ponytail. And my dad was Psalty, a big blue book!
15. My favorite scent is Dream by the Gap. LOVE that smell.
16. I have a huge sweet tooth.
17. Speaking of teeth, one of my front teeth is not real. It died when I was in high school, and I had to get an implant. And while the implant site was healing, I had to have something called a flipper- it's literally a tooth on a retainer. I could take it out, and had to be really careful of what I ate so it didn't come out. Once I had the implant in and the real "fake" crown on, I still had to be careful. When I was a Junior in High School, I was in anatomy and physiology, and I was eating one of those caramel apple suckers, and wasn't being careful, and I pulled the sucker out of my mouth, and out came my front tooth! I was horrified. That was one time I was VERY happy my dad is a dentist. I put it back on as best I could, and went straight to his office. I still have dreams that it comes off.
18. I'm going to finish a marathon on May 31, 2009! I'm nervous and excited, and I think it's going to be great! My dad and Zach are going to do it too- it's the Rock N Roll Marathon in San Diego. Should be awesome!
19. I never finished college- and changed my major three times. First it was dental hygiene, then nursing, then education. Then I met Zach, got married, and decided I didn't need to finish. Someday I'd like to finish, just to say I did it. I'm really good at starting things and not finishing. Not something I'm proud of.
20. When I was three months old, my parents went on a longer term mission trip to a country called Dominica in the West Indies. We were there for three months.
21. When I was younger, I won a candy bar selling contest. I sold 10 cases of chocolate bars, and won a 5 lb chocolate bar, and a mini tv. My mom took me to the airport many times to sell those bars. So half of that chocolate bar and tv really belonged to my mom too- thanks mom! The things moms do for their kids- I know I don't even know the half of it yet!
22. I am sort of ambidextrious- I write and with my left hand, cut and do sports with my right.
23. I'd really like to get all our photos in digital scrapbooks. I think preserving memories is so important. I just have to make the time to do it.
24. I can't stand bananas. They make me gag, and have since I was little. Once I decided that, even to this day, I won't eat them. Sometimes I'll try a little bit, and I just can't do it! I think they're gross. Not just the taste, the texture and smell too.
25. I really enjoy baking.
26. I wish I could be more spontaneous.
27. I wish I could be more direct and to the point.
28. I don't like to clean my house. I love the feeling after it's all clean, it's just getting there that's so hard for me... especially now that we have three kids. Oh, I could come up with excuses all day for why I can't clean right now... for instance, I'm blogging! (my house is a mess as we speak)
29. Ever since I had Teda, I love the color pink. It's my new favorite color.
30. I've been to Russia once, on a mission trip. It was a great time, and maybe sometime I can go on another one. I'd like my next one to be to Africa.
31. I'm afraid of what's in the ocean. My imagination really won't even let me go in the water. And I hate the feeling of sand between my toes.
32. I don't know much about politics, and wish I did.
33. The coolest vacation I've ever been on was to Coronado Island with our friends Jackie and Christian.
34. My favorite car I've ever had is my current minivan. Just kidding! It was a 1997 red Honda Accord. It was 2 door, and I felt so cool in it. We sold it shortly after we got married, and sometimes I still get sad about it!
35. One of my favorite things to hear is the sound of my kids laughing.
36. I love the feel of Zach's touch.
37. I love the feel of kissing my kids sweet little faces.
38. I love when they hug me and kiss me.
39. One of the three best moments of my life were giving birth to Teda, Dane, and Jett. What an amazing thing- God is seriously so good, and so intricate. How a miracle like childbirth could happen is beyond me.
40. I can't wait to go to Heaven. It's going to be incredible.
41. I do pray that I get to have a long life married to Zach though because he's my very best friend.
42. I laugh a lot. People say to me sometimes that they feel so funny around me because I laugh at everything they say. Well, it's because I think they're funny! As long as I can remember, I have laughed a lot. And I think I have a pretty loud and distinctive laugh. When I was younger, people used to sometimes give me a hard time for it, or make fun of it. And I used to be a little embarrassed about it. But now I don't even think about it. I embrace it. And that is so awesome to be able to do that now.
43. I'd like to learn how to sew someday.
44. 6th grade was the hardest year of my life, thus far. I was teased and made fun of all year long, pretty much every day. But I also can say that it was one of the best things that happened to me becuase it played a huge role in shaping my character, and I now really have a heart for those who seem to be left out, not payed much attention to, and the "outcasts". How fitting that Zach is the 6th grade pastor at our church! :)
45. I was made fun of and teased in 9th grade too- the first year I was in a public school. It was awful, but again, a really defining year for me. At the end of the year, I finally got up enough courage to stand up to the ring leader boy, and tell him that what he was doing was really wrong and I didn't appreciate it. That felt SO empowering, and I was so proud of myself.
46. I'm a real people pleaser. Something I'm working on.
47. Sunlight does wonders for my spirit on a tough day.
48. I love my green eyes.
49. I'm so happy that I got to have two sisters. I always thought it was cool to have only sisters. I never really did wish I had a brother.
50. One of the most beautiful things to me is my kids smiles.

1 comment:
What a great list! You and I have the exact same imagination. I run up the stairs sometimes when it's dark behind me, I had nightmares from that Harrison Ford movie COMMERCIAL "What Lies Beneath" and I get scared of what's in the ocean if I think about it too hard. HOW funny!!
Post a Comment