Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Root Beer For Breakfast

I've had this written on my white board in my kitchen for about a month now, becaue I didn't want to forget it before I could blog about it!

One morning, as the kids were eating breakfast before school, Teda looked at Dane as if she remembered something. She said, "Dane, why did you tell me we were having root beer at breakfast? You lied to me!"
And Dane casually replied, "I know, I just wanted you to come out of your room!"

While lying is not something we are okay with here in the Shepherd household, that was pretty funny. Teda thought it was funny too. :) She's starting to "get" our humor that Zach and I have with each other, and it's pretty hilarious. She now laughs when we laugh- sometimes even when she doesn't get it. But she just wants to be a part of the grown ups.

I TOTALLY remember doing that. I remember trying so hard to stay in the room where the adults were for as long as they would let me, so that I could just be a part of things. I wanted to hear all that was going on, and I wanted to be included. It's pretty cute that now I have a daughter that is doing the same things. Weird too that it doesn't feel so long ago that I was that little girl.. time flies!

1 comment:

Susie said...

That was cute...I want to be little again also ;) love ya, aunt susie