I was convicted about this a while back when Oprah did a show about how dangerous it is, and I stopped for a while. But like other things that I make committments to, I have since fallen out of the routine.
Well, this is yet another reminder for why it's SO important not to text while driving. Even for me, not to talk while driving- EVEN at a stop light. Because of the obvious reason that it impairs me, and I can't focus on the road, I'm unavailable to my kids when I'm talking, and my mind is nowhere near what I'm doing. It's focused on getting things done.
I saw this clip this afternoon, and this sweet precious 18 year old was killed in January while texting and driving. Her parents are now working very hard to make texting and driving illegal in the states where it is still legal. Arizona is one of those states.
This will be hard because kicking any habit is hard, but I am ready to stop talking and texting on my phone while driving. If I absolutely have to do either, I will pull over and do it. Yikes, this is going to be tough, but like the parents of this sweet girl said, "It's not worth it." So true.
I truly cannot imagine how surreal this must all feel to these parents. Their little girl is really gone. I can't even fathom how hard this must be for them. I need to go kiss my kiddos now...

1 comment:
I'm pledging no texting while driving! So not worth it! <3Camille
Post a Comment