We read a story from our Jesus Storybook Bible (LOVE that Bible, it really is easy to understand, and the kids totally enjoy stories from it), and it was about when Jesus went into the desert and was tempted by Satan. There was a part about how Jesus was ready to do battle with the snake (meaning, Satan). The kids liked that part because really anything battle they like- mostly the boys, but Teda too. So we talked more about that, and would they like to do battle each day with the snake too? Of course, they said an excited, "Yeah!" So then we talked about how they can do that, and the ways we came up with were self control and obeying mommy and daddy. Dane said, "that's how we can poke the snake in the eye!"
So I'm excited to get to talk more about doing battle with the snake, and really then helping them to understand that means we're doing battle with our flesh- I know they're young, but they really do understand a lot more than I would've originally given them credit for.
Then, and even more amazing thing happened. Teda talked about how a while ago, when she was laying in her bed at night, she told Jesus that she believes that He died on the cross for her sins and asked if He would come into her heart so that she can go to Heaven when it's time.
Of course, then Dane said, "That's no fair! Only she gets to go to Heaven?" I said that anyone can go to Heaven when they believe in Jesus. And she said, "Yeah Dane, you can go too. If you believe that He died for your sins, and you tell him that and ask if He'll come into your heart... then you can go to Heaven too." Then Jett joined in, and said, "I want to go too!" I told him he can, and asked if he knew how to get there. He said, "You drive there?" And Dane said, "No Jett, you fly in a plane." I told them that no one can get there on their own- only Jesus can take us there. It's too high for a plane (I of course don't actually know just where it is, but it felt right to say that at the time...) So then Teda jumped back in, and told Jett the same thing she told Dane about how to ask Jesus in his heart.
So as soon as Teda finished saying that, both Jett and Dane started talking to Jesus. Dane said his out loud, telling Him that he belives in Him and that He died for him, and asked if He'd come into his heart and that he'd get to go to Heaven. And Jett, being that he's more of a personal kid, crouched in the corner of his bed, and whispered the same thing to Jesus. It's as if it were just between them. It touched my heart, hearing them both do that at the same time. And Teda leading them through it. How cool is that?! She's such an amazing leader, even at the young age of 7. So then I gave both boys high fives, and told them that's so exciting and awesome!
I just feel SO grateful that I got to be there for it! Zach was bummed to have missed it, but is so excited about it too. :) It's exciting to think that this marks another step in the amazing journey that Christ has marked out for Teda, Dane, and Jett. What in incredible ride they will take in their walk with Him, and I'm grateful to get to walk with them in it as well, and to play a small role in it.
I know that my precious children are God's. They belong to Him, and I am just blessed to be able to be their mommy while we're her on this earth. I pray that they would continue learning and growing in Jesus, and that He would continue to supply all that we need, as we continue to stay in Him. I pray that Teda, Dane, Jett, and Deklan would hunger and thirst for Jesus. More than anything though, my prayer is that Zach and I would be so consumed with Jesus and so in love with Him, that our sweet kids are able to see Him in us. To see His light in their mommy and daddy. And when we fall, because it's inevitable. I do it everyday, multiple times a day. But when I do fall, that I get back up again. Because getting back up is more than half the battle! That I would humble myself and seek forgiveness. That they would learn to see what seeking forgiveness and what it looks like to make things right again in relationships, how to reconcile. Then to see how to reconcile with Christ as well. It's exciting, and I'm thankful that Jesus is giving me eyes to see things that are eternal! Because that is what it's all about. This life is temporary, so I want to look past this life and have an eternal perspective.
Good stuff, huh! Oh, and here's a picture that Teda drew today. She said that her teacher told her that there are pearly gates in Heaven, and she was imagining what that would be like. She drew a picture of her entering Heaven at the pearly gates (those are of course the pink circles), and there were angels there to greet her (just behind the pearly gates), and there is a rainbow there too. Oh, it just moves my heart and makes it feel swollen with joy to learn from my sweet baby girl. She for sure has an eternal perspective! And what is also SO cool about this is that I feel like I was given a peek inside her heart by seeing this beautiful drawing. This is something that she has been thinking about, has had on her heart, and decided to put down on paper.
| Teda's drawing... entering the Pearly Gates in Heaven... being greeted by 2 angels. Doesn't that melt your heart?! |
These were a few pictures I took today of my 4 precious, precious babies!
| They're great friends...Dane and Jett.... pretty cool picture because the focus is upward in this picture- up towards Heaven! I love that today would be the day I would take this picture :) |
| Sweet Deklan. This was taken through the drivers seat in my van while we waited to pick up Teda from school. What a handsome kid! |

1 comment:
I'm so excited for your sweet kids!! What a blessing they are to the world!
Post a Comment