Sunday, November 25, 2007

I'm so proud of you...

I just had to share the sweetest thing. Before I put Teda down for her nap this afternoon, she said, "I'm so proud of you..." and I asked her why? And she said, "because I love you!" Then she gave me a big hug. It was so great! I just love moments like those. And that is how I feel about her too- I'm proud of her- because she's her and I love her! And I know that is how God feels about me, and that is such a wonderful thought.

I was just talking yesterday with my good friend Reasa, who is about to move with her family next month to a country in North Africa to be missionaries. She and I were just talking about how we are truly not in control of this life. God is totally in control, and we don't know when our last day will be, or when our children's last days will be. And that is a tough thought for me to wrestle through because on one hand I'd like to know that my kids will be safe and protected and nothing will happen to them. But the reality is that that is not in my control. So I have to continually give up my trying to control that (which is silly because I can't and never will be able to), and be free to allow God to completely be in charge and lead us in the way He wants us to go. And to trust that He does know what is best for our family, and that everything works out for the good to those who love Him and are called according to His purpose. And we are called, so I believe what He says to me in His word. It really is all good. And then I'm reminded that I want to live my life as if it really is all good. And that can be challenging at times when I let little things get to me, little things that really don't matter. I love the saying that says don't sweat the small stuff... ps- it's all small stuff. My mom used to say that to me alot. And I love it. So that's what I'm feeling right now. I really want to live for today and enjoy the moment. :)

No comments: