About 9 months ago, we heard about a 12 year old girl who had cancer in her leg. Someone sent me a foodtidings for her to see if we'd like to bring them a meal. So I signed up, and went to meet this family. What a sweet family they were. Jazzy was just beautiful, and I couldn't imagine going about my day one day, and finding out my daughter has cancer. Talk about a major road block.
They had sent us a card saying thank you for our prayers, and it had a picture of Jazzy on it. She had no hair, and Teda wondered why a girl would have no hair. I explained that sometimes when we get sick in our bones, we have to take medicine that makes our hair come out. But we're still girls, we just don't have hair.
Teda would carry that picture of Jazzy around the house, and even took it to our friends house once to show them. She told them about how Jazzy is sick in her bones, and she's a girl still but she just doesn't have hair. It was precious because I didn't even know she'd taken the picture with her. There were other times when she would ask people, "Do you know Jazzy?" Most of them didn't, and sometimes she would tell them about her.
Well, I'm excited to say that Jazzy and her family have persevered through it all, she had a knee replacement, multiple rounds of chemotherapy, and she is now cancer free!
All this has really helped Teda in her prayer life and her understanding about God, I think. She has been praying for her each night, and still does. And knowing that she's not sick anymore helped her to see that God hears our prayers, and He answers them. I know there will come a time when she prays a lot for something, and the answer isn't what she'd hoped for, and we'll go there when it's time. But for now, this is a huge step in her relationship with God. It's really cool to listen to her pray. At the end of all her prayers, she says, "We pray your name God, Amen." And if I could just capture her little voice in a time capsule and remember it always, especially when she prays. It's just so sweet.
Jazzy's mom put together a surprise formal celebration for her 13th birthday and to celebrate her being cancer free. Well, Teda had heard her mom telling me about the party and saying she could wear her princess dress to the party. So, Teda was SO excited to get the invitation in the mail- and decided she would wear her princess dress up dress. She wore her dress up cinderella shoes, and even a Belle tiara. I put some make up on her too. She looked very beautiful. I struggled though because I knew it was a formal thing, and Teda was wearing dress up clothes. But not to her- to her she was the most beautiful girl ever! So her and I went to the party, and it was a big step for me to not worry about what we looked like to others. I think everyone just thought she was a cutie. I think it's all in my head most of the time... I worry about dumb things like that.
When Jazzy got there, she was so surprised. She was wearing a beautiful flowing purple gown, and Teda was just in awe. I got a great picture of them together. Jazzy was just glowing, and what an amazing moment for her family to watch her at her party. One they may have wondered if they would even get to celebrate with her. God is so good, and He has big plans for Jazzy! Oh, and I forgot to say that in the middle of all this she and her mom, and I think her sister too got baptized! What a cool and inspiring story! Here are a few pics from the night.
Sorry this post was so long- I didn't know how to shorten it!

No comments:
Post a Comment