
Ok people, what movie is that line from.... anyone? Only one of the most classic movies of all time- Princess Bride, of course!
Well, that's pretty much how Zach and I have been feeling. And pretty much in that tone that Vizzini uses when he says it in the movie.
What is the deal? What is taking so long for this bank to sign a silly piece of paper? We totally thought it would be done and over with today, and we'd be ready to record our loan and be on our merry way. I guess life just doesn't always work out just how I want it to. Hmph. That's wierd. It usually does every other time- just kidding. No really though, this waiting and limbo we feel is tough stuff.
We're just sort of blah lately- both Zach and I. We know that none of this is in our hands, and it's not something we need to or should even bother with worrying about. It's just hard because it feels like NOTHING can move forward until we get the go ahead to move. I know that's not entirely true, but it feels true. I have packed all my spices, so I don't feel like cooking one bit. (Not to mention this pregnancy has made me want to eat out for every meal- I'm blaming it all on the pregnancy- it's a get out of jail free card I get to use until July!) Anyways, neither of us are motivated in any way, shape or form to do anything because all we want to do is MOVE! We did take a load to the house on Friday (after Zach did an awesome job on officiating his 2nd wedding!). And we put the boxes in the garage, but after that we haven't done any more moving in. We want to be sure that the house is ours before we get too anxious about it. Zach made a great point- we've had to be so patient since August, why ruin it now and get over anxious by moving our stuff in, etc? And who knows- I don't think anything like this will happen, but mentally we're beginning to prepare for something wierd to happen like us not getting this house. Maybe God has other plans for us. Ugh. If that's the case, then so be it. It's just so hard to wait and not know the answer to that! This waiting is much harder than the actual waiting to find out if we got the offer accepted.
Wow, I have so much to learn about just living in the moment, being content, and not being anxious. Life just feels so dreary when I'm in this house. The curtains are down, the walls are bare, with the exception of holes in the walls where the nails held up the family pictures, all that's in the kids rooms are their beds, just a few of each: bowls, plates, one cup, etc.... blah blah blah. Doesn't our life sound horrible? I'm in such a dreary place, I'm so sorry for whoever is reading this!
Today I asked Zach as naptime was approaching if I could get him anything. (He was laying on the couch- rare for him- and I walked into the kitchen to get some chocolate and a coke- cure for any bummed outedness, right?). He said I could get him some laughing gas, and only wanted to be woken up when he gets the call from our realtor saying that we got the house... I CRACKED up! I was so feeling the same way!
Expectations are a bad thing, sometimes. We have had these expectations that things were going to go just as planned, and we didn't really prepare for what if that doesn't happen. So yes, we do hope for an answer soon. But we're continuing to learn and be reminded that being anxious is not healthy. I'm torn with wondering, is it okay to be annoyed about this? Or do I need to just be looking for what I need to learn from it all? Maybe yes it's okay to be bothered, and yes, I need to be looking for the lesson. Ok, that's all for now.

1 comment:
LOVE the quote. HATE that you don't have your keys. My blood pressure is rising for you- not that that helps you out in anyway. I'm sorry you're waiting, hoping that God's lesson in this is obvious when the waiting is over. Still praying friend.
Post a Comment