I've come to decide that Easter is my favorite holiday. Jesus is alive, and that is so exciting! We had a beautiful day celebrating this, and I'm just so thankful.
We started the day by going to church with my parents and sister Julie and her husband Joel. The singing was incredible. I just felt so alive! After church, we spent time just hanging out, letting the kids play on this huge grassy field with balls and hula hoops everywhere. It was really fun.
Then it was off to my Uncle Randy and Aunt Sue's house for lunch, hanging out, volleyball, swimming (yes, it was freezing- Zach went in with the kids, they were shivering, but swam for a long time!), and egg hunt (courtesy of Grandpa Don, Mimi, and Chandler- thank you!) and just enjoying time with extended family. We really had a great time there. I always look forward to holidays- time spent with those we love is invaluable to me.
We definitely missed Zach's family. We will be going to Colorado this summer though to visit Zach's mom's side of the family, so that will be awesome. And Zach's dad hopes to come out this summer to visit us. Needless to say, we're looking forward to the summer! And thank you so much to those of you who sent things for the kids to enjoy for Easter- how awesome that our kids have such an amazing group of people who love them so much!!! Can you tell I'm feeling a bit loved right now?! ;)
 |
| This is Teda's, "I don't really want to do this, but I'm smiling because your'e making me" smile |
 |
| Had to put this one in- Deklan pulled Teda's hair, so she turned around right as my mom took the pic, and said, "DEKLAN!" Let it begin... :) |
 |
| Jett didn't want to let go of his craft he did in his class. I think it's pretty fitting to have it in our Easter family pics... even though we can't really see Jetty's face :) |
 |
| Me and my man |
 |
| My baby boy |
 |
| Grandma and Papa with the kiddos |
|
 |
| Right before the egg hunt... |
 |
| Hangin out on the hammock |
 |
| Egg head |
 |
| Aunt Judy with Dek |
 |
| Like father, like son! |
 |
| This is what Deklan LOVES to do with his toys- he hangs them off his thumb all the time! I'm so glad I captured it! |
 |
| Playing volleyball |
No comments:
Post a Comment