He will go in for bloodwork in March, and then see her again in April for a follow up. There's a chance after maybe 6 months that he'll get to go off the meds, depending on if his levels get back to normal. But of course there's also a chance he will go hypothyroid, and then be on medicine for that. So only time will tell. I'm just thankful his thyroid is a normal size right now, and that there is medicine to help with this. And I'm thankful to have my husband back! Well, to a degree. He doesn't have the same pep in his step that he did before all this, but that's part of the side effects of the medicine he's on. Another side effect the dr. said is weight gain. Zach was pretty happy about that one! ;)
So now the name of the game is LOW stress...which will be a challenge because life is busy. But just to take breaks at times when it seems like we "should" be doing more...around the house, work, etc. I love it because now resting is on our to do list. Love that! Thanks everyone who has been praying! :) :) :)
It's hard to believe that just a few weeks ago, I was SO worried because we had no idea what was wrong with Zach. Today Zach was talking about the verse in Philippians 4:8 about thinking of only positive things, and how important that is for us- and how much it will help the kids to see us modeling that to them. I was struck more by the verse 6 that tells us to rejoice in the Lord, ALWAYS. And it's totally a choice- I have to consciously make the choice to rejoice. So that's what I will be working on this week. Each time I tell one of my kid to make good choices, I will be reminded to do that same- choose joy!
I just LOVE these verses- such a great reminder for me!
Philippians 4:4-9
4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; 6 do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. 7 And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

8 Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. 9 What you have learned and received and heard and seen in me—practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.

No comments:
Post a Comment