I wanted to share the Christmas Eve traditions that I really enjoy and look forward to when we spend Christmas in Arizona.... it was great this year!
Christmas Eve- we all go to the Christmas Eve service at our church, and it's kinda funny because there is not childcare for the Christmas services... so our kids sit with us. Which proves to be interesting, and this year it was for sure. Teda wore the cutest outfit that Sarah made for her- a red and white tu tu (not sure of spelling) with a red silky shirt and tights with her white ballet slippers. She looked like a little princess, and for sure felt like one too! So many people commented on how sweet she looked. :) So she was feeling extra fiesty with her tu tu on, and was going up and down the aisle and up and down the steps near our aisle. And Dane was pretty restless. My parents were in the row behind us, and we were passing Dane from me to my mom throughout the service. And at one point, Dane's shoe came off and he wanted to play with it. So not wanting to cause a scene with him crying because I put it back on, I let him play with it...... and next thing I know he throws it at the people in front of us! Luckily it didn't hit them, and I quietly said sorry. It was pretty funny- I just kept on looking behind me at my mom and we were all laughing at the kids. And if I stopped paying attention long enough to my kids, I could hear everyone elses kids too- so truthfully, I'm not sure of all that went on at church this year. :) But we had fun! It makes me appreciate all the people who volunteer in the nursery to watch my kids so that I can go to church and enjoy it. :):):)
So then after church, we go back to my mom and dad's house, where we meet up with Sarah & Trevor, Julie, and my parents. We all put on matching jammies (new ones each year- pretty cool!) and we finish up getting dinner ready. We have two tabletop grills and we grill sauteed chicken, steak, shrimp, and lots of veggies.... and we sit around the table enjoying each other's company and talkign and laughing together. And my mom started a new tradition this year too- we all got 12 blank postcards with envelopes, stamps, a letter holder, and a schedule. We will be sending a postcard with something encouraging or fun or whatever we want to one person in our family each month. So that we can encourage each other and keep in touch and keep close all year long. So I'm looking forward to getting a nice letter from a family member each month- it's gonna be awesome! And we all sleep in the family room that night and fall asleep to a Christmas movie.
Christmas Eve- we all go to the Christmas Eve service at our church, and it's kinda funny because there is not childcare for the Christmas services... so our kids sit with us. Which proves to be interesting, and this year it was for sure. Teda wore the cutest outfit that Sarah made for her- a red and white tu tu (not sure of spelling) with a red silky shirt and tights with her white ballet slippers. She looked like a little princess, and for sure felt like one too! So many people commented on how sweet she looked. :) So she was feeling extra fiesty with her tu tu on, and was going up and down the aisle and up and down the steps near our aisle. And Dane was pretty restless. My parents were in the row behind us, and we were passing Dane from me to my mom throughout the service. And at one point, Dane's shoe came off and he wanted to play with it. So not wanting to cause a scene with him crying because I put it back on, I let him play with it...... and next thing I know he throws it at the people in front of us! Luckily it didn't hit them, and I quietly said sorry. It was pretty funny- I just kept on looking behind me at my mom and we were all laughing at the kids. And if I stopped paying attention long enough to my kids, I could hear everyone elses kids too- so truthfully, I'm not sure of all that went on at church this year. :) But we had fun! It makes me appreciate all the people who volunteer in the nursery to watch my kids so that I can go to church and enjoy it. :):):)
So then after church, we go back to my mom and dad's house, where we meet up with Sarah & Trevor, Julie, and my parents. We all put on matching jammies (new ones each year- pretty cool!) and we finish up getting dinner ready. We have two tabletop grills and we grill sauteed chicken, steak, shrimp, and lots of veggies.... and we sit around the table enjoying each other's company and talkign and laughing together. And my mom started a new tradition this year too- we all got 12 blank postcards with envelopes, stamps, a letter holder, and a schedule. We will be sending a postcard with something encouraging or fun or whatever we want to one person in our family each month. So that we can encourage each other and keep in touch and keep close all year long. So I'm looking forward to getting a nice letter from a family member each month- it's gonna be awesome! And we all sleep in the family room that night and fall asleep to a Christmas movie.

1 comment:
1. The thought of your whole family in matching PJs is hilarious. (you CAN post pictures on your blog...for my entertainment especially!)
2. I LOVE the postcard idea! What an amazing tradition. Love it. Maybe I'll adopt that when my kids are grown and scattered all over the country. What a great idea.
3. I can testify that Teda looked absolutely adorable. (again...picture?!?!?)
Post a Comment