Saturday, April 12, 2008

Dream Come True

Today we had lunch at Costco- it was me, Zach, Teda, and Dane. I just love going there- where else can you get a huge hot dog with a drink for $1.50? What a deal, and it's so yummy! Anyways, we were all eating our lunch together, and Zach said, "This is like a dream come true..." And he went on to explain- being here with a wife, and two beautiful children, both sitting on their own, eating by themselves (it was a good time to talk about it when they weren't whining or crying), and it was just a cool picture. He was right- and here I was thinking, "wow, these bench seats sure are far away from the tables, Dane is going to fall or drop all his food on the floor.... or, I hope Teda doesn't get ketchup all over her dress..." you know, thoughts like that. And it was great for Zach to remind me that this really is a dream come true. All I ever wanted was to be married and have kids, and here we are. I'm so in the habit of seeing the negative first that I so often tend to overlook the positive. How sad is that. I'm sure that I miss out on a lot of things that God wants to show me because I'm busy complaining about life- either out loud or in my thoughts. So, anyways- I just thought that was cool.

1 comment:

thediaperdiaries said...

we have those moments too and it always seems in the most mundane times we are struck with how lucky we are.

ps. Costco for lunch ROCKS!!