Saturday, April 12, 2008

New Hair

I was just putting Teda down for her nap, and she said to me that if she pulls out all her hair, she will get new hair. And I said, "I've never thought about that, I'm not sure how that would work. But let's not try it, let's keep our hair." And she replied with, "But I don't want white hair, I want brown like yours." I have to admit I was a little stumped at the best way to respond to her! So I went the route of, "God knew that you would be SO beautiful with your white and blonde hair- that's why He gave that color to you (I'm trying to teach her that her hair is blonde, why I'm not sure because to her it's white and that is good with me.. which it really looks white anyways). And she replied with, "And God gave you brown hair?" And I said, "Yes, and we're all beautiful!" That didn't really do the trick for her, she wasn't convinced- she still wants to have brown hair. So I told her that maybe when she gets bigger it will be brown. That seemed to tide her over for now. And I just called my mom to tell her because I thought it was so cute, and she had a great idea of what to do. She said I could get my baby pictures out and show her how blonde my hair was when I was little, just like hers. So I'm going to do that. Pretty cute. It's amazing how her little mind works. She just recently learned that she is going to lose her teeth and get in new ones when she gets a little older, so logically she thought that if she pulls out all her hair, she'll just get new hair! I love it.

No comments: