Wednesday, April 30, 2008

it's been too long!

i haven't written in here in way too long! sorry about that. let's see, what's been going on. the biggest thing would be our little baby is scheduled to come this friday may 2nd. we decided to be induced, and i'm really excited about it! this way, my dr will for sure deliver him (i went into labor on my own with teda and had a dr i didn't know deliver her because he was the one on call that day)... and i just like knowing when he's coming. zach is off this weekend, so that works out just great!

we had a little false alarm on monday night- we ended up going into the hospital thinking i may be in labor- i was having contractions every 3-5 minutes, but they weren't "active" labor contractions. they didn't really hurt all that bad, so we did wonder if it could actually be labor. well, after a few hours in the hospital, it was determined that i was a little dehydrated which can cause some mild contractions. so i've been diligently drinking my water since then! i can't believe we will have three kids on friday! :)

dane has been going pee pee on the potty- not consistently- but he just says potty and starts to take his diaper off. then we take him to the potty, and he goes! i'm sure it's because he's been watching teda go for so long now. and now she is going through the night in panties too- that's great!

zach's sister was in town two weekends ago, and we had a great time with her. she got to spend some really good time with the kids, and we miss her already. thanks for coming to visit courtney!

1 comment:

"Intentionally Katie" said...

I remember timing a co-worker's contractions years ago...they were exactly 3 minutes apart for an hour, then were gone. We figured out it was the Mexican food she ate for lunch. I was timing her GAS pains. NICE!!!

I can't believe you only have 2 days left as a parent of 2. WOW! I can't wait to meet the little guy! Please let me know if you need anything...milk from the store, a latte, a break from the kids so you can take a nap, whatever. I'm so close, I'm happy to help.

XOXOX