Monday, June 29, 2009

Pray For Baby Dylan

Source: www.prayforbabydylan.blogspot.com

For all my prayer warrior friends and family, I have a request to make of you. I recently found out that a guy I went to elementary school with, Erik Praskins, and his wife Michelle just had a sweet baby boy, Dylan about two months ago. When he was 6 weeks old, they found out he has leukemia. And my heart has just been so heavy for them. Looking at all the pictures on their blog, he's just the sweetest, most handsome boy. And I know they have a whole lot of people praying for him, and for Erik and Michelle, but the more the better. Here's their blog if you'd like to follow it: http://www.prayfordylan.blogspot.com/ What amazing strength God is giving them, and how much I'm sure their faith is growing by the minute, living in the moment, trusting that He knows their hearts, and He is caring for them right this moment.

And it has made me think, why did I get three healthy children? And here I am getting all annoyed for the silliest things, sick of the whining, etc. But they're here, they're healthy, they've been given to me to take care of, and I am to love them, and show them Jesus' love too. I'm so thankful that our Father has given us three amazing little ones to care for. It's truly an honor to be their mommy. And who knows how much time we will get with them, so I really need to live in the moment, and enjoy each day as a gift from above.
Also, I went to a jewelry party fundraiser this last Friday, where the proceeds will go to Dylan and his family, to help with all this. It is Silpada jewelry, and it's gorgeous. And if anyone is interested in buying some jewelry and helping out this beautiful family at the same time, let me know, and I can get you a catalog and ordering information! The ordering goes through July 13th.


No comments: