


In the last few weeks, I've noticed that Dane is just smitten over his daddy. Jett and Teda too, but I've noticed Dane the most. Especially after his weekend away, when he was with us for three straight days morning and night- that really seemed to impact our kids in a very positive way.
Zach had noticed it too, and it's just really cool. Pretty much each afternoon either before naptime or after, Dane is usually starting to get a little sad because he misses daddy. I notice it the most in the car, because he'll put his head on his carseat and just looks sad. I ask what's wrong, and he'll tell me, "I miss daddy..." sometimes followed by a few tears. Today he said he misses him and wants him to give him kisses and hugs all day because he loves him. It just melts my heart, and I'm so thankful that our kids have the daddy that they do. What a blessing he is to us- God, thank you for choosing him to be their daddy and my husband!!!
Oh, and in the mornings lately as he leaves for work, that's a hard time for Dane too. Because he knows that he'll be gone all day, and the thought is almost too much for him to bear at times. I wish he could just stay with us all the time- I'm sure Zach wishes that too! I've had to explain why daddies have to leave and go to work.
And Dane told his teacher at church on Sunday, "Did you know I'm my daddy's son?" He drew him a picture the other night, and had me write, "I'm daddy's son" on it (along with many other things he was thinking about that night). He's so proud to be his daddy's son. I can learn SO much from him about that- I'm proud to be my Heavenly Father's daughter- and want to grow in that and not be shy to tell anyone.
Zach is at a department retreat until Wednesday, so they're missing him more than usual right now. I am too. :) Tonight before bed, we talked about what we were thankful for- I'll bet you can guess what Dane said: Daddy. And watching tv all day. With treats. Three wonderful things. :) Then when he prayed, he said, "Jesus, could you help my daddy to come home and give me kisses and hugs goodnight?.......(pause for a few seconds)..........(excitedly) yes?" Like he heard Jesus tell him yes, daddy will come give you kisses and hugs. Too sweet.
Then Teda said she wanted to marry daddy because she loves him so much. And Dane said, "Me too!" To which Teda tried to tell him he can't marry a boy. I told her he's just saying that because he loves him too.
One night when Teda and Zach were talking before bed (the two of them have great talks before bed, which is cool- she really opens up to him during that time- good that he does it and has the energy for it, because by bedtime, I'm DONE for).. and Teda asked him, "Daddy, how come you listen to me but the brothers never do?" He told her he's had to learn to do that (and still is), and that he'd have to show them how. Which I know he will, and is.
It's just such a joy to hear the kids and watch them want to be like daddy, love him so much, and develop this relationship with him that I know will stand the test of time. They are developing a trust for him that runs so deep and so true. And that is helping them to develop a loving, trusting relationship with their Heavenly Father. Because Zach is learning and growing in his relationship with Jesus, the kids can see that, and I know in my heart that they will follow in their daddy's footsteps- which lead to Christ. Too cool for words, really. I love how God set that up like that. And watching it work is just awesome. Thank you, Zach for your relentless pursuit of Jesus and to be the Spiritual leader of our family- it's flowing out of you, and it's contagious! I know that our sons will be amazing husbands, and warriors for Christ like you are, and our daughter will know just what to be looking for in a husband, and will be a lover of Jesus too. It's exciting and I'm grateful. I pray you never lose this passion or give up in this incredibly important pursuit. Which is why I know it's so important to be praying for you to never give up, to keep on- and see the fruit you're producing as you go.
Grandchildren are the crown of the aged, and the glory of children is their fathers. Proverbs 17:6
This means that a child will watch their earthly father, and make decisions and conclusions about their Heavenly Father based on what they see.
These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads.
Deuteronomy 6:6-8



No comments:
Post a Comment