Friday, May 21, 2010

Mother's Day

I had a great Mother's Day- church in the morning, then my brother in law Trevor came over to watch the kids while my sister Sarah and I went to get pedicures (so awesome). Then we met up with my family for dinner at a nearby outdoor pavilion that has water fountains and places to eat. This will be the third year we've done this, and it's so awesome and relaxing. The kids wear their bathing suits, and play in the fountains, we eat dinner (this year from Island's Burgers), and then the guys bring the kids home while the girls stay for a movie together. This year we saw Iron Man 2, and it was pretty good. We were hoping to see a romantic comedy or something, but the timing worked out best for this one- and I'm glad we saw it. Sarah is awesome- she brought little wines in her purse and then got courtesy water cups to put it in. My mom said, "You're a party waiting to happen, Sarah!" (she's an event planner for her job, is that not the perfect job for her?!) And then my mom said, "I think I'm going to really like Iron Man!" Too funny. Sometimes that's exactly what we all need- a little letting our hair down and having fun. :) Thanks Sarah bear! :):)

And thank you Zach for taking the kids and putting them to bed (that in and of itself is a gift!) while I got to have some girl time and watch a movie! :) And last but not least, thank you Trevor for coming over to watch the kids while Sarah and I got to get pampered! :) Love you all!

For the record, I do NOT like this picture- but it's the only family pic we have from that day. My eyes are closed, but also I'm beginning to get bigger by the day as my due date approaches and every pregnancy by the end, my eyes seem to sink into my face! It's not the most fun part about being pregnant, but oh well. :)






2 comments:

chandy said...

Wine at the movies? Why have I never thought of that before?!

Thanks for the great idea!

(I'm glad you weren't freaked out by me commenting on your blog...I enjoy your posts. Each one seems so God-centered.)

Sarah said...

For the record...
1. I am a party waiting to happen - it's just in my blood :)
2. I have MUCH better family picture for you from mother's day - one where you actually look like yourself :)
LOVE YOU!