Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Deklan

I'm totally supposed to be cleaning my house right now! We are having a fun little Christmas get together with a few neighbors who have little ones. We're going to make a craft using sugar cones, green frosting, pull and peel twizlers, gum drops, m&m's, and marshmallows. We're making Christmas trees! SO adorable- Dane and Teda did them in their classes before break, and they turned out so cute. Anyways, I wanted to put in a quick little update on Deklan.

We went in for his weight check today, and he has gained! He's now 12lb 3.5oz (gotta keep that .5 oz in there- every little bit counts!), 25 1/2 in long, and 16 1/4 in for his head. That's great growth! So he gained 14 oz and grew an inch, and his head grew 1/4 in. I guess this high calorie formula is working! And the middle of the night feedings we're adding- ugh... oh well, if it's working, I'm willing. He's now .97% on the growth chart for weight- slowly but surely right?

He's got horrible excema right now (I think from the formula), diaper rash, and constipation- ok, not so fun side effects. So there are a few things we're going to try and see if that helps. Otherwise, we'll switch back to the Similac that seemed to be fine for him (but its a little less calories) So there you have it- so we'll be latering him up with vaseline, vitamin E, and a special lotion called Vanicream each diaper change. I know- one more thing to add- yikes. But again, if it works, then I'm willing. I'm just grateful it's not life threatening things that we're dealing with. I feel very blessed and thankful. He's still just the cutest and smiliest little guy ever!

We go back in a month for another weight check- I'll post about it then. Hope you're all having a great week- as the kids keep telling me- 4 more days until Christmas!!! :)

No comments: