Monday, March 28, 2011

Special Time With Dane

For a while now, we've been doing these ear exercises on Dane to try and help the fluid to drain out. This was our attempt at keeping him from having to get ear tubes (which it turns out he will still need- the fluid didn't drain afterall... that's scheduled for April 6th, and we're looking forward to our baby boy getting to truly hear again)... We made a sticker chart and put a sticker on it each time I did the exercises- just basically massaging the area from below his ear down his neck, and he didn't really like when I would do it. So this was my attempt at making it more "fun"- after 10 stickers, he would get a prize.

So he and I set off in search of a prize at Wal-mert (that's what Dane calls it- and I think I'll forever call it that now, it cracks me up). Well, Dane just had the greatest time, and I really enjoyed being with just him- he's a really funny kid! And he knows how to have fun. He walked by the balls in the toy section, and said, "I want to get in there..." a few seconds later I hear, "Mom, I'm in the balls!" Then he hopped on a bike and rode it around. And the other pic is him trying to decide what kind of chips he will choose as a treat, holding the football he chose as his prize.

Dane so reminds me of Zach- he's the spitting image of him, they have the same personality type, they both love movies and quote them ALL the time, and this is totally how I picture Zach as a child at the store. Probably because even as an adult, he still does some of this kind of stuff! He's a kid at heart for sure. Just like how I think Dane will always be. It's awesome.

He's such a sweet boy- he's fun, joyful, generous, and kind. I'm thankful for my Dane!

"Mom, I'm in the balls!"

Carefree

Decisions, Decisions

No comments: