Jett is all about strength. He wants to be sure that in all situations, he could protect the ones he loved with his strength and knowing Jesus is on his side. He even told me as we read a book yesterday about the US Navy that he wasn't sure he needed the Navy to protect him. He had Jesus, and he's strong too, so he's good. I can see him becoming a police man, a firefighter, or in the military because of his desire to protect and keep people safe.
Then the other night, as I said goodnight to him, he was talking about his understanding of the Bible story that Zach had just read to him. He was talking about how we have sin, and sin makes you die. And that Jesus saved us from that. He was sad to think about dying, I think it made him feel nervous and a bit out of control. He likes to be "in control", even if it's only in his mind. He wondered when he would die, and I told him that I didn't know. He said that's not true, I'm the mom and I do know. I told him that it seems like I should know, but this is one thing that only God knows. He knows when it's our time to die and be with Him in heaven. Then he got sad, and wondered if he and I would die at the same time... and if we didn't, how does that work? (And I'm reminding myself that this kid is only FOUR!)... I told him that I wasn't sure if we'd die at the same time, but that I did know it wouldn't be sad once we were in heaven. It's a wonderful place, better than we can even imagine!
Then he said, "Mom, Jesus is stronger than God, right Mom?" I asked him why he thought that, and he said that Jesus is a tiny big stronger because He obeyed His Father.... crazy! I actually never even thought of that! I told him that they're actually the same- God is Jesus and Jesus is God, so they're the same. He quietly said "Oh", rolled over in his bed, and began to suck his fingers with his blanket.
Zach and I were cracking up that our little 4 year old who still sucks his fingers with his blanky could come up with such a deep thought that Jesus is stronger because He obeyed His Father. I love it....

No comments:
Post a Comment