Wow. Let me start off by saying that this week has been quite a trying week for Teda and I. Well, really more for me and my patience with her. She is just a strong willed little girl, and I know that is not one bit a bad thing- it in fact is a great thing and I'm proud to have a daughter who knows what she wants, isnt' afraid to say it, and doesn't really worry much about what others think. (which by the way is like totally the opposite of me) So each time I ask her to do something seems to be a battle, she doesn't want to do it, or will do part of it, or just do it a totally different way, which would make it her way. I just get so frustrated with her, and at times feel like I'm at my wits end and how am I going to be a good mommy to her? And how can I teach her to listen and all that goes along with parenting? And how do I do any of that in love? Because I seem to be short on that lately- I have such a short fuse with her. And then after I've blown my fuse, I know I was wrong and go back and tell her sorry that mommy got frustrated.. etc. So we're a mess right now- at least in my eyes. I forget that she's still 2, and try and treat her and talk to her like she's as old as I am. In hindsight a lot of this is comical.
Anyways, yesterday was a particularly tough day. Five minutes (I'm not kidding) after she woke up, I already had to call Zach to help me to see the bigger picture, calm down and get some help from him on how to lovingly take care of Teda. So he did help, and that was good. But my attitude was still struggling, and Teda had on a dress that she really wanted to wear. She looked pretty cute so I thought to myself, "she hardly ever wears a dress, maybe I should take the kids to get their pictures taken..." WHAT? On one of my toughest days I was thinking this- I know, it's crazy. So we did it, we went to get their pictures taken. Well we're in the waiting area, and the kids are playing. And Teda was pushing Dane and telling him not to play where she was. And I put her in time out in a corner (we were the only family in the place)... so she's crying and inching her way out of time out saying she doesn't want to be there, and I'm telling her not to move and then Dane goes up to her to give her a hug (he's our little peace maker, mostly compliant child)... and they end up falling into the wall and Teda hits her head. So she's then crying harder. And just after she hit her head, the girl comes over to tell us she's ready to take our pictures! And I told her we may need a few minutes. So we take a few minutes, and after a little bribe of telling Teda I have treats if she can smile for the camera with Dane, she heads right over. Anyways, it didn't go very well. Dane wouldn't sit still (why would I think he would? he's 17 months old), and Teda wouldn't really smile or she would give her camera smile. And it was kind of a mess. The girl got 2 pictures snapped, and I ended up just telling her that I think we're done and we'll have to come back another time when I can bring my husband or my mom for help. Well I did have a coupon for a free 8 x 10, and I got one of the pictures, which surprisingly turned out cute. It was quite the experience. What I was thinking, I still don't know. But we did get a cute picture out of it! :)
Thursday, January 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Oh you poor thing. BEEN THERE. I have to say that gave me a good laugh. Thanks for that.
We didn't get Ryan's picture taken professionally from his 2nd birthday all the way until he was 3. I promised myself I wouldn't put myself through that again! But your new family picture is GREAT!!! Look at everyone smiling and actually looking near the camera! You look like everything's perfect and your toddler isn't acting 2 at all. :)
XOXOX
I too feel your pain, Lisa. So horrible. I loath picture day. If it wasn't for the desire to capture my girls' faces at the various stages of their lives I wouldn't do it!
The picture is great, though. You have a beautiful family!
Post a Comment