Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Purple paintails is yucky!

Today we went to a cute little store called "Girly Girlz", and we were looking around. I told Teda she could pick something out, and she picked some cute nail polishes (she calls "paintails"- I'm thinking she gets that from putting together paint and toe nails together)... well, she was so excited for us to paint her nails. It couldn't be done fast enough. We went to Chick fil A with my sister Sarah today, and in the middle of lunch she took her shoes off, put her feet on the table and asked if I could paint her nails. I couldn't resist, it was so cute. She didn't know not to put her feet on the table like that! So I put them on her chair and painted her toe nails purple. (which is her very favorite color). Well we were on our way home, and she was being unusually quiet (should've been my first clue)... and then I hear an uneasy noise come from her, and she was asking to get it off and it's yucky. She had opened up her nail polish (yes, what was I thinking- I was letting her hold the polishes- they were in a cute little holder and didn't think she'd get into them, and figured she knew not to eat them...), and she had it on her face, in her mouth and on her hands, and her pants since she tried to wipe it off her hands. Yikes! Luckily, my mom was in the car with us, and she went back there and got her cleaned off, got it out of her mouth, and took the nail polish for us to hold onto for her. So she now knows that nail polish does not taste good. I hope it was one of those lessons that she learned by doing, and now won't want to try again. We'll see. One minute I think she's so mature and responsible, so I want to allow her to do things that big girls do- then the next, I remember that she is still 2. So we both learned lessons today. :)

1 comment:

JHof522 said...

Thank you Lisa for these exceptional excerpts into your life. I noticed you mentioned a few times that you must remind yourself that Teda is only 2 years old and not the adult she sounds like. You are a superior mother, and I pray that God continues to show you that when you need it most. We love you! Uncle Alan and Aunt Judy

P.S. Looking forward to February 5th. :)