Wednesday, May 28, 2008

A Brown House In Heaven

At church this past weekend, they talked about Jesus coming back. I was asking Teda about what she learned, and we talked about how Jesus is going to come back and take us to Heaven. And He's going to take us to the houses that He's been building for us (something her and I have talked about before- and she had decided what colors He was making for us). And she said, "He's making me a brown house!" And Dane said "Brown." (he is really into just repeating what Teda says and doing what she does lately- it's pretty cute) And she said in response to that, "We can be matching!" I just thought that was precious- the thought of her being excited that they will have matching brown houses together in Heaven. It's one of the coolest things I've thought about recently- thinking eternally is very awesome. And so real- I have to admit that I haven't been doing that at all really since Jett has been born. I've been so focused on how hard this is, and living in the now- usually in a negative way- that I don't get the privelage to think with an eternal perspective. But thankfully my daughter does. She has a way of helping me to get back on track- I know God uses her to do that. It's awesome. So, when you get to Heaven (I hope to see you all there, that would just be amazing to see all my friends and family in Heaven, knowing they have all accepted the gift of Jesus Christ dying for us)- be on the lookout for two matching brown houses, and you will find Teda and Dane there! :)

No comments: