My mom had Teda for the afternoon on Wednesday, and as they were driving home they passed by a mountian. And I'd like to share a conversation that Teda had with my mom that just shows how much Teda's little imagination is blossoming....
Teda: there's the mountain!
Grandma: yup.
Teda: I climbed up that mountain with my sister Madison (Madison is a friend of hers who is about 6 or 7 years old)
Grandma: oh my, you did?
Teda: yup, and we climbed the cactus too.
Grandma: you did?
Teda: but don't worry grandma, we used our gloves.... and .......we were 10 (she said very matter of factly)
Grandma: oh wow, you guys were so smart to wear your gloves!
Here's another conversation from this Tuesday Teda had with my mom.... I'll give you a little background on this one. My mom's car was getting some work done on it, and the kids and I took her to pick it up and then take it to get new tires on it. As we were waiting for my mom to drop it off at Discount Tire, I had to feed Jett. So I'm feeding him (or trying to, he's so sleepy and hard to wake up for feedings sometimes!) in the driver's seat of our van, and the kids are climbing all over the place because I'd let them out to stretch their legs. Then my mom came back, but I wasn't quite done feeding Jett. So we're talking, and Jett pooped and it came out his diaper, all over me! And I wiped it up with his burp cloth, and put that on the floor. Then Dane came up and set his blankie on top of the burp cloth making his own blankie poopy. And I was so frustrated that I just started to cry and told my mom I needed to go home. She was so sweet and is so helpful- she offered to take Teda and Dane and have me go to my grandma's house where I could rest and my grandma could hold Jett for me (which she just loves to do!). So I agreed and was so thankful. As my mom and the kids were walking into the tire store,
Teda said, "My mommy is crying."
Grandma: yes, she is. sometimes when we have a new baby, we cry. It just means we need to rest.
Teda: I have a baby sister in my tummy, and if I cry it's because I will need to rest.
Great stories!

No comments:
Post a Comment