Saturday, September 12, 2009

I Hate Packing...

The kids are finally asleep, and Zach should be home any minute. I should be finishing up our packing, but I just can't seem to get motivated...

There are officially 3 more sleeps until we leave for Florida- well, not including the one right now. That's how we count down for the kids for special things coming up. They know they
take "2 sleeps" a day (nap (aka daytime rest) and bedtime (aka nighttime rest). So now it's kinda getting down to the wire with packing. Zach is totally calm and cool about it all, and is confident all that needs to get done will get done.

We spent the morning doing most of our packing, and then went on a snack run for the airplane ride. I always feel like I'm missing so many things, and then I end up bringing WAY more than I needed. Yet still feel like I didn't quite bring everything I would've liked to. Wierd. And it's a 5 1/2 hour plane ride to Florida, so we're trying to think of all the things they could do to stay busy on the plane... yikes. I wonder how they will do. I think Jett is going to be our noisy one of the bunch. He gets a car seat, and he will be buckled in the whole time. Hopefully he'll fall asleep. I hope!

Now its the little stuff- like don't forget the dvd player, oh and is it charged? And the kids goggles, etc. Little things just make me crazy! This is the hardest part of a trip I think. Well, that and I have to clean before I go because I hate coming home to a dirty house. That's so depressing! So yes, I should be doing the little things, but instead I chose to come on here and talk about how I don't want to! :)

Dane told me a secret while we were at the store today. He whispered in my ear, "We're going to Florida..." Yes we are!

2 comments:

Rachael Schepemaker said...

Have an awesome time! And treat yourself to a housecleaner if you can.

"Intentionally Katie" said...

Oh yes, don't forget to CHARGE the DVD player. On your way home, too! I charged it on our way to CA last year but completely forgot for the drive home and it was very, very long, let me tell you.