Monday, September 7, 2009

Getting Creative

Recently, we've decided that we're going to really tone it down on the tv watching. Both for the kids and for us too. For the kids ,we're trying to keep it to about 1 hour a day (could be 2 little shows, or a movie). And for us, there are days during the week where we don't even turn it on. It's been really, really nice. The kids are getting much more creative, and Zach and I are communicating SO much more! So I think we'll continue this for quite some time. And when we do turn the tv on, we make sure it's something we're looking forward to watching- like a movie, or a show we taped- and not something that we don't even care about. You know? So that's been really great for us as. And I've noticed that as a family, we're getting more creative. Zach has just been putting so much into us, and I just am loving it. And the kids are eating it up. On Saturday morning, he decided that he was going to put together a marble track out of cardboard, so he worked on that most of the morning. Once it was finished, he helped the kids pick out different sizes of marbles from his childhood marble collection that he saved. They had so much fun doing that with him. And I so enjoyed watching them bond together. Here's a few videos of that time they had together.

And Zach is such a creative guy, yet it's crazy how life can just seem to suck that out of you, if you're not careful. So this has been especially exciting to watch him start to get those creative juices flowing again. :)

Here's the beginning where they picked out their marbles...


And here's the race!


1 comment:

"Intentionally Katie" said...

Oh girl, you're going to get so addicted to having minimal t.v.! :)