Saturday, September 19, 2009

Through Rice...

Okay, so tonight there were a few funny things that happened both while we were at church, and when we got home too. I just had to jot them down!

The first one was when the kids and I were eating dinner. Dane watched a couple walk by with a stroller and a baby inside (I don't think he saw the baby). The baby was a newborn. You know how when you have a baby, and afterwards, to your dismay, it still looks like you're pregnant? Well, Dane said rather loudly, "She has a baby in her tummy!" Oh boy. So I quietly explained to him that after mommies have babies, it takes a little bit for their tummies to go down. So it looks like there is still a baby in there for a little while, but there's not.... a few minutes later, that couple walked by us again going the other direction. Teda studied her, and after a few seconds, she says, very loudly, "That's just her boobies!" She was saying it to Dane, correcting him. Like, Dane there's no baby in there, that's her boobies! I was so surprised that she said it, I wasn't sure what to do. I don't think they knew she was talking about her, although they were the only couple walking by when she said it. So I quietly explained that we don't say things like that loudly when were out. We say them quietly to each other. So she said it to us again in a whisper. Nice. When things like that happen, it takes all I have in me not to burst out laughing. Because they're so out of nowhere, surprising, and awkward. Not for the kids- they're just speaking their minds. And they don't know social graces yet. And it's hard to know the right words to use to teach them things sometimes. So that was the first thing.

Then when we got home, I decided to rinse the kids off in the bath. That's always fun- it's chaotic, to say the least. And I'm SO impatient. Because it's usually way past their bedtime when I decide to do it, and I just want to get them in and get them out. That's never their plan when there's a bath involved. I don't blame them, but I still don't seem to muster up the patience it takes for baths. I guess I need to work on that. Anyways, I've gotten Teda and Dane out, and they're beginning to get their teeth brushed, and Jett is sitting in the bath as the water drains out. I grabbed the lotion, and looked over at him, squinted a bit to see what was in his mouth... I said, "What are you eating Jett?" SOAP! He had half of a bar of soap in his mouth, and he was chewing it! Unphased- not bothered at the taste at all. What kid likes the taste of soap? YUCKY! So yes, he was more than clean when I put him to bed tonight. :)

Sidenote- about a month ago, Dane was at my mom's house, and he came out of the bathroom and told my mom, "Don't eat the soap in there, grandma. It's yucky!"

The last thing was too cute. Teda and Dane were brushing their teeth, and Teda started saying her memory verse from church- she was saying "I can do all things.........." And I asked her what her memory verse was, and she said, "I can do all things through Christ." And Dane chimed in, "I can do all things through rice!" HA! That one just made me giggle. I love it!

No comments: