If you ever wonder what life is like here in the Shepherd house, know this- it's loud. Three kids that talk and talk and talk, and sing and talk and sing some more, and talk some more. Some days when I'm in my right mind, I love it. I soak it in and just hope that I never forget the sound of their precious voices as they sing me a song, ask me a question, ask me for a snack, tell me a story, show me a picture they made me, and listening to them pray to God before bed. Truly, it is such a gift. Each day really is a gift. Sometimes I'm too overwhelmed and choose not to see it that way. This particular night, I chose to see this scene as the gift that it truly was.
They were taking a shower and figured out that they could put a washcloth in the drain and it would become a "bath". They were SO proud of themselves. Each one is in their own world, singing their own song, and just having a blast. They all dance to the beat of a different drum, and I am learning how to dance with them. I really do love being a mommy!
Here's a great way to help others in need.... If you know someone who just had a baby, lost a loved one, is sick, recovering from an illness, just moved, or for any other reason may need meals brought to them- go and check out this website! It takes you step by step on how to organize a meal schedule for them! And it's free to use! http://www.foodtidings.com/
No comments:
Post a Comment