On this day, three short years ago, at 12:30pm, we were had our first baby... and we were SO unsure of what that would bring and what it would be like. I can remember when we brought her home from the hospital, we set her baby carrier on the couch, and she was just so tiny inside of it... and I sat on the other couch and looked at her... and just cried and cried. It was for so many reasons, one main one being I had no idea how to be a mommy and that is such a scary feeling to know that we're responsible for this tiny little thing- to care for and love it. Wow... Well, it's been three years of learning and growing, laughter and tears, joy and frustration, and just amazing experiences. I'm so thankful that God has truly blessed us with such an incredible daughter- Teda. She's just so amazing, words can't really describe. :)
I think she had a great day today. We had a play date with some of the kids friends- Joleigh, Noelle and Nash, and we went to the playground for lunch too. My mom met us there, and so did Zach. Another very sweet thing I thought was that Zach brought Teda purple flowers this morning (that marks the first time she's gotten flowers!)... then for dinner we met up with my family at Chick-fil-A. It was so nice and relaxed, and we had a great time! Her day was filled with lots of purple, lots of wonderful phone calls from family and friends, and great gifts that Teda just loves. Thank you everyone for helping to make Teda's birthday special!
I can't believe our little girl is three years old already- it went by sooo fast. It's just amazing. The days go by slow, but the weeks, months and years are flying by!
We're gonna have a little family party this Sunday to celebrate her birthday too, so that should be exciting as well!
Wednesday, February 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment