Sunday, February 3, 2008

Billy

Zach just got back from Colorado tonight to go to his grandfather's funeral. His nana's (his mom's mom) husband Billy passed away on January 25th. He had cancer, and he was ready to go and be with his Maker. He was an amazing man, and Zach really loved and respected him. In the several times I had the privelage to see him, he would always go out of his way to say hi to me and see how I was doing. And I know that he truly cared about how I was and who I was. He loved the Lord Jesus Christ with all his heart, and he served him wholeheartedly too. He taught the 5th and 6th graders at his church for many many years. (pretty cool that that is Zach's job now to work with 5th and 6th graders, and that's what Billy was so good at)... Anyways, he was a wonderful man, and he will be missed dearly.

I'm really glad that Zach was able to be there in Colorado during this time, and able to be with his family. He said he got to spend some good time with family members, and was happy to be there with them.

We love you Billy, and we can't wait to see you in Heaven! Zach was talking with me about how awesome it is to think that Billy is there with God right now- can you imagine? How lucky is he! Seriously, and for all of eternity too- with his Creator. Wow, it's hard for me to even wrap my mind around it. Words really can't do it- it's just really cool to think about. He will be missed here on earth by the ones who loved him, but we know that he's in a WAY better place now. :)

No comments: