Saturday, February 23, 2008

Hing, Wet....

So Dane is starting to put sort of sentences together... yesterday we were at my mom and dad's house, and Dane really wanted to swing outside. But it had been raining all day, and it was really wet outside, so my dad was telling him it's pretty wet out there. Then today after his nap, we're at my mom and dad's again (Zach's out of town this weekend, so we're hanging out with my parents a lot to pass the time- and the kids and I love being here)... and Dane looked outside and said, "Hing, Wet" That's a sentence! He remembered that the swing is wet!!! Too cool. Then a few weeks ago, we let a balloon go in the sky, and the whole way home he was saying, "boon, kye, bye bye..." (translation: balloon, sky, bye bye)... and he even was saying that sentence for days after it happened. OH, and one word he says REALLY well- "honey" it's so funny! A lot of the words he says sort of have to be translated, but this one comes out clear as day! (there's a video for that on here- hopefully it gets the clearness of this word across) And he's such a ham when he sees a camera! When there is a camera pointed in his direction, he looks at it, smiles and says "cheese!"... so different from Teda. she's not a poser in the least bit. Just another huge differencein the two of them. Anyways, it's cute. Kids are seriously amazing. Watching them grow and learn and change- it's just too cool.

Then Teda is just getting so advanced (of course, that's my biased opinion)... she's saying things in her sentences like, "actually, lately, i was wondering...," and more that I just can't think of right now. And she uses the right tones in her voice to get across whatever she's saying, she chuckles at funny things, says funny jokes, she's just awesome. And she is all about the color purple- seriously, it is her absolute favorite! She even has a dance move that she does that she named her "purple move". And when we're out shopping- for anything, groceries, clothes, anything... if it doesn't have a purple label, or a purple tag, or if it's not actually purple, chances are she's not going to want to buy it. It has been known to cause some Teda fits in the stores when mommy has to buy the bread that doesn't have a purple label (for reasons like, price or the type of bread, or whatever)... which is always fun. She can tell where I'm at, and when it's not a good place, she will usually ask "mommy, are you happy?", which means, "mommy, you don't seem like you're very happy right now", and that's a good indicator for me that I need to check myself. And she does that with Zach too- whenever his tone changes, she's on alert. She will say, "daddy, be nice to my mommy" and then it's good because it causes him to check himself too. She's a good gauge for us. She is very strong willed, and knows what she likes and wants. I know this is a good thing, and I don't want to crush her little spirit. But there are times when I just get so frustrated that she's so opinionated! That's a true confession and one I'm not proud of- and usually the times when I let that get to me are when I've waited too long to eat, haven't had my own quiet time with God that day, or am just in a plain bad mood. I wish I could always be loving and caring and know just how to care for her, but then what would I need God for? My mom was so helpful to remind me of that today, and she is so right. Anyways, that's what the kids are up to. I'm sure I'll think of more and have to write more later.

No comments: