It's been so good for me because I don't have a choice but to meal plan, and be intentional about the foods we have in the house. Otherwise, Zach doesn't have anything to eat! So this week has been great as far as me having dinner ready, and making sure there are leftovers in the fridge for lunches. I guess it took that for me to get going- I was so struggling with finding the motivation to care about dinners lately! I've been a huge fan of the crock pot- so that when I have the most energy (usually right after the kids have breakfast and are playing), I can get it all thrown in there, and forget about it. That was one of the most wonderful inventions.
I totally feel at a loss as far as what to feed Jett. He just is so against vegetables, and even other things that we eat as a family. It's so annoying! I'll put dinner in front of us all, and he just cries and stares at it. Then he tries to just hand me the plate or bowl that it's in. Yesterday evening, Zach wasn't quite home and I was feeding the kids dinner. It was chicken and broccoli. He was not interested one bit, and he just cried. And I wasn't in the mood to play the game of making him sit there, knowing he wouldn't touch it, and the battle would be lost by all. So I put it in a shake! I put it in there with frozen fruit, yogurt, and milk- how gross is that! And he totally drank it! Zach cracked up, and said, "If you don't eat it now, you'll drink it later!" (as earlier said by my sister Sarah last week, who thought it was so funny that I put the peas he wouldn't eat blended up in his juice- I just don't know how else to get him to eat them!) But I know I can't do that everyday, and I don't remember having this much of a struggle with what Teda and Dane would eat. (although all Teda would eat at his age was chicken nuggets and peas- but at least she ate peas!) Any suggestions out there on how to get your picky toddler to eat? I'm hoping he'll just grow out of it. I've even tried the whole thing where you feed him to same food for three meals straight, to get him to eat it. And he still wouldn't! He's super strong willed and stubborn. I hate this part of parenting. But I know I have to be the stronger one. It's so hard! AH!

2 comments:
Lisa I think you are doing exactly wat you should be doing and more. Heck i would have never thought to put thier food in a blender...you are on the right tract. Oh I know whow hard it is to plan meals and healthy ones. i made a mac-n-cheese with cottage cheese the kds love it. Also try Sproats for gluten free items, I was there last week and they had 20% all gluten free items. I have also seen tortilla chips that are gluten free at frys. Good luck to you!!
oh Lisa, I feel your pain. There is nothing worse than giving your kid healthy homemade food and then not even having them taste it. That is Calvin every night. I keep assuming this is a phase and he will grow out of it. In the meantime he loves raw veggies (weird) and edamame so we go with that. The only meats he will eat are chicken nuggets and hot dogs AT costco. He refuses the healthier hot dogs I buy at Trader Joe's and try to feed him at home. In fact he had a costco hot dog for lunch today and he sang about it all the way home. :( I think someone sent me home from the hospital with the wrong kid.
Post a Comment