Ahhh, life just feels like a tornado lately. And in the middle of it, when I feel like I'm being taken up into the clouds, it's so hard to have a Christ like attitude! But then I think of as we were heading to the mailbox, watching Teda's beautiful blonde hair bounce back and forth as she ran there- so excited to put a letter in the mailbox for grandma and papa, and as I held hands with my little cowboy and his 6 sizes too big red boots, that's when I remember how much I love being a mommy. Even as Jett sqealed with delight to be in the bathtub with his brother and sister, as he pooped right in the tub.... (and we had to evacuate quickly, I fished out the poop- good times, cleaned the tub, and refilled it to finish bathtime)... even then the sound of their laughter, their zest for life, their excitement for playtime and creating things and their sweet imaginations.... that is why I love being a mommy.
Yes, it's the most difficult thing I've ever done in my life, but it's the best. The most rewarding, the sweetest, and I couldn't imagine doing anything else with my days. So, I guess in the middle of the tornado, there is light. As I feel swirled up into the clouds, I do have a peace that passes all understanding. Given to me by my Creator, who knew me before I was born. And that makes this life and all that goes along with it, a beautiful thing. He is the Calm in the middle of my storms.
1 comment:
your son pooped in the tub? no way! my kids have NEVER done anything like that... never... :)
mommy-hood is awesome.
Post a Comment