The other day, Dane came in from the backyard playing and just gave my belly the biggest hug. He was hugging the baby- and then talking to him. It was precious. I told him that was the first hug he's ever gotten, and he was proud. It's only fitting that Dane would be the first to give this little guy a hug. So cute.
I've been feeling pretty good lately. Tired, and sore in different spots, but overall good. Sleeping is getting less fun as the days go on. I had to sleep on the couch the other night, which was a bummer because I don't like to be away from Zach, but I feel like I get much better sleep there. So the couch and I may become good friends in the months to come. I'm accepting the fact that I keep on getting bigger each day, and know that after the baby comes I will lose this weight. I did it with the first 3, and will do it again. Just not the most fun thing ever, you know? But it comes with the territory, I guess... and the extra bowls of ice cream I'm eating at night too. :)
We're pretty sure we've got the name picked out for this little guy. Unless something else just jumps out at us that we love, it looks like it will be Deklan Isaiah. We'll call him Dek for short. Deklan is Irish, and we heard it in a movie we saw- Leap Year. Really cute movie- it was the main character's name. It means "full of goodness". And Isaiah means "Yaweh (God) is Savior"- I LOVE that. Zach and I were reading out of the Bible one night, and that just popped out at me. I wanted to keep the middle name in the family, and I feel like if we do Isaiah it still will be in the family, in a big way. God is our Father, so there ya go! It's not all 100% on the first and middle name together, but for now it's what we're thinking!
Our little $5 footlong...isn't he cute? :) Sorry, I know it's kinda wierd humor- but I think it's funny!

Ok, I finally have an official pregnant picture- complete with the hands on the hips... taken by none other than, me! So yes, this is me 24 weeks pregnant. :)

3 comments:
Oh- LOVE IT!!! The name is awesome and the picture is super cute.
ohhh, Trevor will love that Deklan is a $5 footlong right now! super cute picture :)
you look great, friend!!!! i miss you SO much!! i have been horrible at keeping up...i am reading all your blogs now!!!
Post a Comment