And I think that it is sinking in for the kids because today I volunteered in Teda's preschool class, and it came up that Easter is on Sunday. Her teacher said the politically correct thing that some people celebrate that holiday. Teda spoke up and said, "It's the most specialist holiday." It was precious, and it was so cool to hear her say that! She's my one that just speaks her mind, and I know she will be such a leader. And if we can instill in her a firm foundation and live by example, I just know she'll be an amazing Godly woman. It's exciting to think about!
Then when we were decorating our crosses, Dane wanted me to write "I love you Jesus" on his. So I did, and each time he was telling me where to put the hot glue for his gems, he'd repeat "I love you Jesus, and You love me" Each time he said it, I felt such warmth. That's how this life should be- us talking about this all the time. It's truth, that isn't separate from our daily lives. Without that truth, what's life about anyways?
Anyways, tomorrow night, my family is coming over to color eggs, have dinner, and play games. I hope that will become a yearly tradition as well- a fun one! Then our neighborhood is having a community egg hunt and breakfast on Saturday morning, which we're super excited about. Then on Sunday morning before Zach leaves for work, the kids can open up their Easter baskets- I had a lot of fun finding things to fill them with. This celebration thing is really fun! :) Then we'll go to Easter service at church, and meet up with my extended family for lunch, volleyball, and hanging out together. I'm so looking forward to these next few days. I'm so thankful that we have such an incredible reason to celebrate this Sunday!!
Here's Jett painting, enjoying himself. If only we could all live life like this- who cares if we get a little messy- it's about having fun! :)
Zach cracking up at how much paint is not going on the cross, but on him and on Jett. :)
Here's his little tootsie toes and legs- all colorful...
Teda, making a beautiful pink and purple cross. Of course!
Daney

No comments:
Post a Comment