We started a new tradition that I have been really enjoying- Sunday evening family movie night. It's awesome- the first week, I took Jett with me to grab a Redbox movie, and candy from the store. Jett only makes it through like the first 20 minutes of the movie (we've been starting around 6:30pm), and then he's totally done. He'll lay with the kids for a few minutes or until his candy is gone, and say "All done!" and try and jump all over on the air mattress. Teda and Dane have been looking forward to each week, wondering what the movie will be. The first one we watched two weeks ago was Princess and the Frog (I wouldn't recommend it! I was shocked at the bad guy in it- he was a voodoo guy, and it was very scary and dark, even for Zach and I) But we just fast forwarded through those dark parts and it was fine. But not to watch again for sure. But it was just the experience of it all- Zach made some good old home made popcorn on the stove, and we just all snuggled together. The movie the kids watched last week was G-Force- some hamster movie about the hamsters being like undercover spies to catch bad guys. It was cute, cheesy but cute.
Then once their movie is over, and they're in bed, Zach and I watch a movie together too. Of course, I've fallen asleep for both of them, but it's more just being together with Zach that I love. It's been fun, and I'm looking forward to making it a weekly or maybe every other week Shepherd tradition! Here's a pic I took last week when all three were laying on the air mattress together. Too cute.
I may get really snazzy someday and do something I read about on a random blog- this lady goes all out for her Sunday family movie nights- she gives the kids each 4 coins or play money, and they get to pay for whatever snack they choose- juice box, popcorn, and candy. She even has the popcorn in real popcorn containers like from the movies, and they rotate who gets to take the money and hand out snacks. And that person gets to wear a special paper hat, like they're working concessions at the movies. Sounds fun, now I just have to get motivated enough to find all that stuff and do it! :)

1 comment:
i love this tradition - and they HAPPEN to have popcorn containers right now at the Hob Lob :) PS - i made the quilt :)
Post a Comment