Sunday, June 13, 2010

A Hotel + A Pool + No Kids= Awesome!

For Zach's birthday, he and I got to have a night away at a hotel about 45 minutes from us. It was SO awesome. I found a great deal on priceline.com, and we just totally enjoyed ourselves. My aunt and uncle took the kids for all of Friday and they spent the night too- thank you guys! I picked Zach up from work at lunchtime, took him through the In N Out drive through for lunch, and we headed to the hotel. We got to check in early, and first thing we did was head to the pool. I finally gave in a few days ago, and bought a maternity bathing suit. I was determined not to wear one this summer, but now that it's hot- there is NO way I can go without.

We swam, and then just lounged in the sun (well, Zach sat in the sun and I'm a wimp so I sat in the shade most of the time) and read our books and dozed off. It was AMAZING. Then when we were ready, we headed back to get ready for dinner. We found this great little place in downtown Scottsdale called "The Culinary Dropout"- awesome restaraunt. I would highly recommend it to anyone- Zach had the most incredible shaved prime rib dip sandwich ever- he raved about it each bite he took. He even asked to personally go tell the chef how awesome it was- and they let him. You know Zach! :) Then we headed back to our hotel to play cards, but we were so tired that we ended up falling asleep in our wonderfully comfy bed.

The next morning, we got up and went to a quaint little breakfast place down the street, had great conversation (uninterrupted by kids, such a wonderful break), then headed back to our hotel for a little more reading time on the patio of our room. It was sooo awesome, and I'm so thankful we got to do that! It was so nice to reconnect, get to just be the two of us, and there was no stress whatsoever. It was truly just what we needed! Of course we missed our kiddos, but this was so awesome just to enjoy each other and have time away. I hope we get to do it again soon!

Zach eating the best shaved prime rib dip sandwich he's EVER eaten....

I tried to get Zach to take this picture over, but when he looked at it he said, "It's perfect." True- I guess we can't always look all smiley and bright eyed for every picture- how realistic is that? :) And this is way more us than the perfect looking picture anyways!
Here's me at 33 weeks (almost 34 weeks!)
And here's Zach... he's 33! He thought it would be fun for you all to see how he's coming along this pregnancy... :)

Also, here's a few from the night before- meeting up with my family for Zach's birthday dinner at Famous Dave's Barbeque. Fun times!

Our Family- missing Trevor, Sarah and Dallas though- we missed you guys!
Famous Dave's has some goo-ood bbq sauce
Birthday Sundae
His sparkling birthday sundae


1 comment:

Erin said...

YEAH for you. I love it when my friends get to getaway and enjoy their husbands. I'm so glad you had time together. And I LOVE the two "33" pics. Super cute!