Monday, June 21, 2010

Summer Fun

This is the first summer that I've decided to take all three kids to the summer movies that our local movie theaters has going on. It's SO cool- for $7 per person, for 10 weeks, you can come to a newer kid movie. That's 70 cents per movie ticket! It's the perfect time to take kids to the movies too because I don't feel so bad when Jett is SO loud in the theater! He's just so vocal, it's too cute.

And I am good with taking all three kids too because my wonderful mom and sister Julie have been going with us. Which makes it SO much easier, and a lot more fun! My mom usually sits with Jett, and when he gets antsy at the end, she takes him out and they hang out by the video games until the movie is over.

This last week, they played Ice Age- the most recent one. And it had lots of dinosaurs in it, and they were a bit scary, if I do say so myself (but I have to say that I'm easily scared.) Jett likes to say what he sees going on in the movie- and when he saw the dinosaur, he said, "Dat makes me scared... cover my eyes gwama" So she spent a while covering his eyes and ears for the scary parts. Dane wanted me to cover his eyes too, but then he'd move my hands to watch. I didn't want to take them out too soon because I wanted them to see that the scary dinosaur didn't "win" in the end. That was helpful I think, for Dane to see the ending- that the good guys did win.

We always tell the kids, the good guys always win. The bad guys never win in the end. And try and help them to see that it doesn't pay to be a bad guy! :)

Anyways, after the movie this last week, Julie and I took the boys to lunch at Johnny Rockets (my mom and Teda had some special girl time running errands together.) It was fun- the boys just bounced away on the booth seats, put all our coins in the mini juke box at our table, and "stirred" all our drinks with their straws, while Julie and I tried to hold a conversation (not easy to do!) It's tough to keep those boys entertained! But it was fun still just to be there and enjoy time with my kids and sister. Thanks for coming and being such a good sport Jules! I love that you have the summers off as a teacher, and I'll be selfishly sad when the school year starts back up for you!!!


Me and Dane
Summer Movies are fun!
"Cover my eyes Gwama..."
Jetty at Johnny Rockets for lunch- grandma and grandpa- I thought you'd like to see that he decided to wear his "Hoffner University" hat. He loves it!
Auntie Ju Ju and Dane
The other thing I started doing this week is taking the kids to a gymnastics place near our house for what they call Preschool Power Hour. For one hour, the kids can use all the gym equipment and flip, jump, twirl, and run all around. It's awesome. The kids had so much fun this past week, and we look forward to doing it a few more times before this baby comes- then we'll have to see what I'm up for. I'm thinking they may have cabin fever, so we'll have to think of something to do!



No comments: