Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Jett and the Potty

A few weeks ago, Jett started expressing interest in going pee pee on the potty- like Dane and Daddy do. I can't say I was thrilled because I was totally content with the idea that he'd be in diapers until he was 3 (Dane was the week before he turned 3 when he potty trained)... But ready or not- Jett wanted to go in the potty!

So we got him a little potty, and when he's home (and naked from the bottom down), he stays dry all day. It's crazy! As long as he has pull ups on or a diaper though, he will just pee in it. And underwear are funny because he hasn't mastered the art of pulling them down- so sometimes he just stands over the potty, and pees with them on. So I've decided (for my own sanity- even though it may make this process a little longer) to just let him be naked at home. I have taken some pretty funny videos though- I think you'll like them.

It's cute too because when he makes a noise, he says, "I Nake a noise!" So example: at lunch today, he was sitting in his booster seat (nakie of course), and he tooted. He says excitedly, "I nake a toot toot!" No significance to the topic of this blog- I just like how he says Nake instead of Make. :)

One of the videos- the poo poo song with daddy was the same song he taught the other kids when they were learning to go. I'm going to try and find the video of Teda singing it, but don't think I'll put it up today- because it's nap time and today I'm going to listen to my body (I usually don't during naptime) and sleep.

Enjoy!



1 comment:

stephanie said...

oh my goodness, those videos are hilarious!

gotta go get my guitar.