Thursday, February 3, 2011

Coffee Shots

Here are a few Jett-isms that I have noted recently. Each time he says these things, I just smile inside and out beacause it's just funny. My kids really do as I need to tell them more often, make my heart happy. :)
On our way to school in the mornings, we pass by Dunkin Donuts. When Jett notices, he says in a very loud and excited voice, "I see the coffee shot!" Crack up. Or when we go to the coffee shop at Joy after we've taken Teda to school or after school, he asks, "Are we going to the coffee shot?"

Sometimes he'll come and say, "I want some-ping (something)." I'll ask him what do you want? He replies, "Some-ping that I want!"

He ALWAYS wants to know what is on the agenda for the day. Throughout the day. For example, here's what a regular conversation sounds like that happens between us. This one was today just before nap... get ready, it's long...
Me: "Ok, buddy. It's time for us to get ready for your nap."
Jett: "Apter dat, wah are we gon do?"
Me: "Go get sister from school."
JEtt: "An apter dat, wah are we gon do?"
Me: "Come home."
Jett: you guessed it, "An apter dat, wah are we don do?"
Me: "Play..."
JEtt: yup, there it is again...
Me: "Eat Dinner."
Jett: again....
Me: "Wrestle with daddy"
Jett: again
Me: "Get ready for bed, and read stories."
Jett: once more...
Me: "Turn on your swords (their glow in the dark ones)... and go to sleep."
Jett: "apter dat wah are we gon do...."
Me: "Wake up and take sister to school"
Jett: "Okay!"
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh, he's satisfied. Now, that conversation was pretty quick because I knew what was coming each time. But it's cute how he wants to know every step. Welll, sometimes it's cute. :)

No comments: