Thursday, February 3, 2011

Mighty and Muddy

The other night, we were saying our prayers before bed. Dane was praying, and it was just precious. It was straight from his heart, he was just praising God. He was saying "God You are so strong, you are so mighty, and you have all the glory." It was music for my soul. And next it was Jetts turn. He did his routine Lord's prayer... which I have yet to get on video- it's just awesome to hear his little voice say. I've tried a few times and he catches on what I'm doing and stops. Or he says, "I'm TRYING to pray!" kinda like, do you mind? HA, he's a funny one.

Anwyays, he does the Lord's Prayer, and then he goes on to say, "God you are SO muddy. You are muddy, and you are so muddy." I never want to forget that.

It made me think about things though. God is not muddy, of course. But life sure is. And that's how it has felt lately for sure. Life is not pretty all the time, all perfect and easy. It's anything but that. It's hard, it's challenging, and I am to praise our Mighty God in those times. Knowing that those hard times help me to grow. And I wouldn't grow without the hard times. So I'm grateful that life is muddy. Thank you Jett, for reminding me of that! And thank you Dane for reminding me of how Mighty our God is!

Oh, one more thing. This was music to my soul today too- the boys were playing in the backyard. They were climbing all over the playhouse singing over and over, "And I will worship You with all of my mind...." THey are such wonderful reminders of what it looks like to sing praises to God all day long. I'm so thankful for them! :)

No comments: