Monday, May 23, 2011

The Children's Museum

The week before school ended (it's over now... wow, Teda is officially done with Kindergarten! I'll post pics from her graduation soon...), the boys and I met some friends at the Phoenix Children's Museum. It. was. awesome! I immediately wanted to get passes for the year because the boys were just in play heaven. There was so much to do that we didn't even get to it all in the few hours we were there. In the end, we decided to wait on passes because I falsely felt like it would be great since I didn't have Deklan with me. Having a baby that still needs naps (and who are we kidding, Jett TOTALLY needs naps still, and really Dane too... oh, and so do I!)really would change things since it's downtown. So that's quite a drive, and I would want to just hang all day- and that's really not the best idea at this season of life. But we had a really fun time, and maybe we'll meet our friends there again this summer. And grandma and grandpa- I just may call you to watch Deklan if we do! :)

Jett and Dane with their friend Zachary- ready to head into the museum and have some fun! 
Check out this humungous climbing thing- it's made of 100% recycled products. And SO fun to climb all over- the kids could've spent an hour just on that!
Dane

Jett

Dane painting in the craft room. This was a huge castle they let the kids paint. They do a new color every day. It was red day... :)

Jett was totally in the painting zone. He literally would have painted for I don't even know how long but after about 10 minutes I had to have him move on because there were a lot of kids waiting in line for their turn. They had a field trip that day, so it was crowded. This kid loves to paint. I guess it's time to suck it up and break out the messy stuff at home, huh?

LOVE.THIS.PICTURE. This is Jett in a nutshell. His fire shoes as he calls them, doing something messy. But I have to say that he did not like it when the paint got on his hands. He only wanted it on the brush, which surprises me a little since he seems to have sort of an "I'm okay with getting a little messy" type personality. He surprises me everyday- this kid. We call him our little enigma.

Dane loved the drawing area. He sat quietly and just worked so hard on making me a picture. He has such a sweet spirit about him. He is so loving and caring. He thinks of others as easily and naturally as he breathes air. It's incredible.

We worked hard on finding the "treasures" (glittery letters and bear shapes) in the play doh area. I'll post a whole blog post about this one- I had a huge revelation here. God showed me something really cool, and he used Dane and Jett to do it. He does that everyday for me if I just make sure I have my eyes and ears open.

This was a really cool sand table with neon lights under it. The kids really liked this. Dane is getting so good at writing, so he had fun writing his name in the sand. Then Jett made little markings and called it good. He does whatever his sister and brother do- he wants to be just like them. Well, in some ways. In others, he is his own individual and doesn't care what others think, or if he's noticed at all. He's quite the confident little boy. It's a quiet confidence. I think he will be a real leader as he grows up.

This may have been my favorite one. This reminded me of the game Plinko on the price is right. Remember that game? I always dreamed of being on the show, and getting picked- then having this (or a game to win a car) be the game I got. So I did it so much, imagining being on the show. Funny how this museum even brought out my own imagination!

PLINKO! I've won $10,000!!! :)

The tricycle wash... pretty cute.

Getting washed...

This room was really cool- the fort room. All the things you would need to build your own fort. The boys got busy right away- they just worked hard building. They had no idea how to make a fort- I guess we need to work on that at home with daddy.... but it didn't matter- they just were so mechanical and worked well together too. I enjoyed watching them have teamwork in this room.

The ultimate fort!

We had fun! Can you tell this was me forcing them to smile? :)

No comments: