Monday, May 16, 2011

Jett's Toy Story Free Party

For months leading up to his 3rd birthday party, Jett was thinking about and planning... who would come, what kind of party it would be, what kind of pinata, plates, napkins, and cake he would have. It was a bit of a ritual we had each night before bed.
Jett: "Mom, I need to tell you somepeen (something)"
Me: "What buddy?"
Jett: "Ask me what kind of birtday I'm gonna have."
Me: "What kind of birthday are you gonna have?" (sometimes I called it a birthday party, and I have to tell you that is not cool with him. He says only girls have parties- boys have birthdays. Okay then.
Jett:"Toy Story Free (3) Birtday"
Me: "What kind of pinata are you going to have?" (ps- he totally calls it a pee-ata, and I LOVE it)
Jett: "Toy Story Free"
Me: "What kind of plates are you going to have?"
Jett: "Toy Story Free" (are you seeing a pattern here? but we can't stop there, we have to go through all the questions, each night leading up to his party. My bad, his birthday. :)
Me: "What kind of napkins are you going to have?"
Jett: "Toy Story Free"
Me: "What kind of cake are you going to have?"
JEtt: "Toy Story Free"
Me: "Where is it going to be?"
Jett: "Outside"
Then we go through the list of who he wants to come, and I tell him is sounds like so much fun, and I can't wait to come. There you have it- the birthday ritual. :)

I think he had a great time at his birthday.  We had it at a pretty cool park near us, and I just adore some of these pictures my mom caught of our little 3 year old Jett. Happy Birthday, buddy!

























No comments: