Friday, March 28, 2008

cute!

Here are a few things Teda and Dane have said and done these last few days that I just had to write down!

-The kids have been playing this new game Teda made up called "Turtle!"- she tells Dane there is a turtle in the hole of our subwolfer next to our entertainment center (it's a perfect size hole for a little turtle to get into...if a turtle ever crawled into our house and wanted a place to hide)... and she says, "AAAHHHH! (screaming) There's a turtle Dane! Quick, go into the tent! (a little play fort that's in Dane's room)... so they run into the tent while Dane is saying "tudowe! tudowe!"... and sometimes Teda is so believable that Dane comes running to me and says "cawed, cawed (translation- scared)"... it's pretty funny, and they've been playing it for the last 3 days and it's not getting old yet!

-Teda and Dane were playing yesterday morning together, and she came to me saying, "We've GOT to make a new plant!" and I figured out she meant a new PLAN, not plant! :)

-last night I was blow drying Teda's hair after bathtime, and she was looking in the mirror at her self, and I asked her if she was looking at how beautiful she was, and she said, "Yes, and I can see that I have one purple eye and one brown eye." She was very matter of fact about it. And then she told me I have one green eye and one white eye. And she says Dane has black eyes, and Daddy has one green eye and one blue one. My sister Sarah has two blue eyes. I'm not sure how she's coming up with some having two different colors and some with the same- it's great!

-As I was putting on Teda's pull up (I know I just wrote the other day about her being out of pull ups and in panties all night and during naps- well, I don't think she's ready like I thought she was- she was having many accidents and I got tired of cleaning them up- so we're gonna wait until she can keep a pull up dry for a while before going back to panties)... well anyways, as I pulled it up, she said, "I always get a wedgie tales!" And she was saying that she's always getting a wedgie, but she said wedgie tales because of the show veggie tales I guess!

-Dane is starting to say three word sentences all clumped together now-"Iwanit!" (I want it!- usually said a few times together)... "Igedit!" (I get it!)..... "Igodit!" (I got it!).........another one of my favorite things he says right now is "ho-it! ho-it! (hold it! hold it!- meaning, he wants to hold it- example, we had an ice cream cone after lunch today at Chick-fil-A, and I was holding the cone, and he just wanted no part in that idea- he wanted to hold it himself... so he was saying ho-it! ho-it! over and over again- and very loudly too. At that point, I didn't think it was as cute as I'm thinking it is right now, but still. He knows what he wants now, and he's not afraid to say it. I'm rethinking that maybe he isn't our little compliant child... we'll see as time goes by! Oh, and I also like when he says, "Ho-ee, Ho-ee" (Hold me, Hold me)... thats a good one too. :)

No comments: