Monday, March 31, 2008
Weekend Getaway
Zach had the weekend off, and we decided to take a mini vacation together! My mom so graciously said she'd watch the kids (thanks again mom!), and Zach and I spent the weekend together just the two of us. I know! Just the two of us- I could hardly believe it myself. This past week, I went onto priceline.com and put in a bid at any 3 star and up hotel in the surrounding cities, and I got us a smoking deal at the Hilton in Mesa! I was so excited (thanks mom for the idea- she's the queen of priceline and getting good hotel deals!) So Zach and I spent Saturday, Sunday and the first half of today doing whatever we pleased! It felt like we were on our honeymoon. I have to admit that on Saturday (and little bits throughout the weekend), I felt guilty for enjoying myself so much- like we should be doing something more, or getting things crossed off our to do list... but then I reminded myself that this is a huge gift to be able to spend much needed time as a couple to slow down, re-energize, refuel, relax, and just have fun together. We held hands almost everywhere we went, and I loved it! I realized that we don't do much of that anymore- mostly because when we're together- we're toting around two little children, and either holding them or their hands. So even just holding Zach's hand was a gift to me this weekend. I feel so blessed and thankful to have him as my husband. Honestly, I have the best husband in the world! He is just incredible, and I love that we get to grow old together (God-willing)! So now I am refreshed, and ready to come back to reality- and excited too! We couldn't wait to see our kids- it was so great to drive up to my mom's house and see them there and give them big hugs and kisses. A big part of life really is about loving others, and enjoying each moment we have together- I'm learning to do this very thing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Wow, how fun! I am so glad that you guys got to do that. :)
It is wonderful that the two of you could get away and spend time together before the baby come and also to just rest and love one another. We love both of you and are so happy for you both. XO, Misty
Post a Comment