So I just finished week 32 of this pregnancy, and I've been feeling sort of ready to be done with it. It's just the end and 8 weeks left feels like so long, and like it will take forever to get here. I know that's not really true, but it's just how it feels. Those of you who have kids know where I'm coming from I'm sure! :) It's the end of pregnancy uncomfortableness that is starting to get to me. Not to where it's unbearable, but you know. And my attitude seems to be more negative and I feel tired sooner.... yada yada yada, the list could go on. So here I am feeling this way, just sort of enduring this- and Zach and I went to church this morning together. And a lady that was greeting at the front stopped me and was just so taken aback at how beautiful my belly was to her. She just held my hand and almost seemed to have her breath taken away by the sight of me- and how absolutely beautiful it was to her. She went on to say that she adopted all three of her children, and that she just would've loved to get to be pregnant. She even said that I had a beautiful profile with my pregnant bellly. It was so sweet and touching, I was really moved by her and her kind and heartfelt words.
She really made me think about the way I look at being pregnant as more of a chore or something to endure, rather than this amazing and beautiful experience of having a child grow inside of me for 10 months. God created this sweet baby boy, and He is using me as the home for this baby, to care for it and nuture it- all I have to do is what I'm doing. And now my attitude and perspective has been changed and renewed because of the wonderful lady who shared her feelings with me. I'm so thankful for her. I just sat there in church today thinking about how amazing it really is to have life growing and thriving inside of me. It made me touch my belly in a different way than I have in a while- in a more nuturing and personal way. I'm excited to meet this little guy!

1 comment:
What a great experience! I wonder if this gal will ever know how her kind words transformed your perspective. God sent you the perfect person with the perfect message at the perfect moment...how cool is He?
Post a Comment