
So we had a guy come out to take care of our bee situation (see post before this one for more details). First of all, let me just say that I have learned more about bees in the last few days than I ever thought I would in my whole life! So if you ever have a question about bees, just ask and I will probably know the answer. :) So anways, a guy came on Thursday morning and ended up exterminating them. He wanted to take the swarm alive, but they were in an awkward position on the tree branch, which made it unsafe for him to try and get them in a quick fashion and not pose a threat to anyone that could be around. If he could've gotten them alive, he would've donated them to the commercial beekeeper he works for. But here's the other crazy and cool part- he used a solution made of dial dish soap and water to kill the bees! Who would've thought that would kill them. I'm grateful because I did not want them to use a toxic chemical that could get on my rocks and pose a threat to my kiddos, you know? So that's that, the bees are no longer. He got most of them , but there's a pretty big pile of dead ones on my rocks that apparently will disintegrate within a few weeks and turn into dust. Who knew. So the 10,000 bees that came into our lives on Tuesday afternoon are no longer as of today (Thursday) morning. Crazy.

No comments:
Post a Comment