Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Hosana, "School Bus!"

Funny thing just happened- so cute. For Teda's sunday school class, she now goes to what is called "Good Times Kitchen", and it's a really awesome place where she is learning all sorts of Bible stories through a puppet show and drama each week. And along with that we have what is called a link up guide, and that is a daily devotion that we can do together as a family. Today's activity was to make a palm branch and wave it when someone comes home and say, "hosana" which means save us... it's to re-enact what happened in Bible Times. So we did that this morning with Zach, and it was pretty funny. When we asked her what hosana meant, she said "school bus", rather than "save us"... it just cracked me up. I love it. I'm putting a video on this posting so you can see what happened. :)

Then the other morning, Zach was getting the kids their breakfast and Teda asked him, "Can this be lunch toast dad?" And he asked her why, and she said matter-of-factly, "so I can have some pink (lemonade)." She knows that we don't have that with breakfast, and sometimes we do with lunch or dinner, so she figured out a way to get around it. Just make breakfast into lunch! The way kid's minds work are just awesome. They totally live in the moment, and it's good for me to see and be reminded of. I'd like to live in the moment more often, like I'm sure I used to when I was a little girl. You know?

And I've been just so impatient with the kids today, and recently. I'm thinking it's because in my Bible Study, I'm learning about patience and I'm wanting to grow. So God is giving me MANY opportunities to be patient, and to call upon Him to help me during the tough moments. And I have to admit that I fail most of the time in the patience opportunity category. I'm a work in progress, that's for sure. But anyways, it's just cool when things like that happen that seem to bring me back to: these kids are so little, they're so precious, so sweet, and they're SUCH a blessing. I have got to enjoy them, and not look at them as a hinderance as I do at times. More times than I'd like to admit.

1 comment:

Melody said...

How Cute. I'll be listening this weekend at GTK to see if Teda shouts school bus as Jesus rides by on his donkey in the puppet show.