He stole Teda's milk when she wasn't looking (he loves to steal her drinks and drink them for as long as he can until someone notices).... and I was getting ready for work, and when I came out of the bathroom he was sitting at our dining room table with our phone to his ear as if he were calling someone. Then he got down and I noticed Zach's waterbottle looked like there wasn't water in it- it was milky water.... hmmm, who could've done that? After a little more investigating, I noticed Dane's milk cup was sitting next to Zach's water bottle. He'd spit his milk into Zach's water. Yummy!
Then, not more than five minutes later, I hear Dane saying, "I'm a cowboy!" and look over to see him 'riding' little Jett! Of course then we had a little talk about how we don't ride our brother, that hurts him. Did I ever think I'd be saying, "Don't ride your brother Dane, that hurts him!" Not at all! But this is life right now, and it stays interesting, that's for sure! :)
I actually think that Dane's learning style is kinesthetic (kinda like hands on), and that's some of why he seems to get into everything, all the time. And thinking about that helps me to not get so upset when he's into stuff.
My mom used to say something to me all the time, and now I really think I'm getting it. She said, "Don't sweat the small stuff... PS- It's ALL small stuff!" That should be my new motto for motherhood. Because it's so true!

No comments:
Post a Comment