Friday, November 21, 2008

Not Afraid

This evening, Teda went into my bathroom to throw something away. (she can't get into the trash under the kitchen sink because of the child locks, so she uses the bathroom trashes... just a little side note...) And I noticed that she jogged out of the room, and also that the lights were out in the bedroom and the bathroom. I wondered why she didn't turn the lights on. I asked her, "Teda, were you scared in there with the lights out?" And she quickly and confidently replied, "No, because God is with me." I didn't really catch what she'd said after no though, so I said, "Why weren't you scared?" She gave me the sweetest smile, and said, "Because God is with me and I don't have to be afraid....even when it's dark." I said, "You are the sweetest girl!" and gave her a big hug, and she just melted into me, and my heart was just so filled with joy and awe at how amazing God is. He put such wisdom in our little girl's heart, and it just overflows out of her. I love it. It made me think of the verse in the Bible about how Perfect Love casts out fear, and there is no fear in love. To me that verse says that God is Perfect Love, and He is not in fear, and when He is in us, we don't need to fear anything. How comforting is that? I'm so grateful for times like this when He uses people around me to stop me in my tracks and remind me how much He loves me and cares for me. Cool!

Oh, and I just found the verse. It's 1 John 4:18: There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.

Goodnight! :)

No comments: